- Greg Allen, “SOS: Puerto Rico Is Losing Doctors, Leaving Patients Stranded,” NPR, March 12, 2016.
- Lizette Alvarez and Abby Goodnough, “Puerto Ricans Brace for Crisis in Health Care,” New York Times, August 2, 2015.
- Adriana Garriga-López, and Shir Lerman, with Jessica Mulligan, Alexa Dietrich, Carlos E. Rodríguez-Díaz, and Ricardo Vargas-Molina, “Public Statement on Zika Virus in Puerto Rico,” Savage Minds, March 15, 2016.
- Marga Parés Arroyo“Hospitales en bancarrota” El Nuevo Día May 18, 2016
- Marga Parés Arroyo, “La crisis fiscal trastoca la salud mental,” El Nuevo Día, May 6, 2017.
- Jessica Mulligan Unmanageable Care: An Ethnography of Health Care Privatization in Puerto Rico (New York: NYU Press, 2014).
- Frances Robles, “Puerto Rico’s Debt Crisis Claims Another Casualty: Its Schools,” New York TImes, May 10, 2017.
- “Estas son las escuelas públicas que el gobierno cerrará” El Nuevo Dia May 5, 2017
- Yana Kunichoff, “Amid Puerto Rico’s financial crisis, communities fight to keep schools” The Christian Science Monitor, March 21, 2017.
- Catherine Morris “The Future of Puerto Rican Education” The Nation, October 1, 2015.
- Mary Williams Walsh “In Puerto Rico, Teachers’ Pension Fund Works Like a Ponzi Scheme” New York Times March 8, 2017
- Rupert Neate, “Hedge funds tell Puerto Rico: lay off teachers and close schools to pay us back,” The Guardian, July 28, 2015.